For more than a decade, Dr. Mark Farnham has been training Christians in local churches to confidently and effectively share their faith with their friends, family, neighbors, co-workers, and classmates. He is an engaging speaker who combines simple, clear explanations with gripping personal illustrations from fascinating encounters with unbelievers of all kinds.
Apologetics for the Church offers a number of different formats for apologetics training. One week camps, weekend seminars, and one-day power seminars are the standard formats, but we are happy to adjust the training to your situation.
The most popular schedule for training begins Friday evening with one or two introductory sessions, continues Saturday morning (or evening), and concludes Sunday in the regular worship services.
6:00-7:00pm—Every Believer Confident
9:30-10:30am—Pulling Down Strongholds
Afternoon—Optional Sessions with Youth Group or Other Interested Groups
Sunday School Hour—Optional Session
Morning Service—Optional Session
Topics during the training include:
• Every Believer Confident: This introductory session helps believers to give an answer effectively to the questions people ask and the objections they raise about the Christian faith (1 Peter 3:15-16).
• Understanding Unbelievers: This session boosts the confidence of Christians to share their faith freely by exploring the Bible’s description of the unbeliever (Rom. 1:18-32).
• Pulling Down Strongholds: This session provides a strategy for real-life conversations that allows the Christian to present a powerful apologetic (2 Cor. 10:4-5).
• Encountering Skeptics and Atheists: Those who reject all belief in God present a formidable challenge to Christians, especially the younger generation. This session equips believers to powerfully refute antagonists to the gospel.
• The Truths We Hold Dear: This session looks at the cornerstone doctrines of the Christian faith so believers will understand better how to give an answer (2 Peter 1:16-21).
• The Problem of World Religions: This session helps believers understand the differences between Christianity and other religions.
• The Reliability of Scripture: This session exposes the modern attacks on the Bible as erroneous and irrational.
• The Historicity of the Resurrection: This session shows how historically reliable the accounts of the resurrection are, so Christians can hold their faith confidently.
• The Problem of Evil and Suffering: This session helps believers answer the most difficult question posed against the Christian faith.
• Understanding and Reaching Roman Catholics: This session explains the basic beliefs of Catholics and how to effectively engage them with the gospel of grace.
• Instilling Confidence in Our Children: This session explores the common reasons young people walk away from the faith and what can be done about it.
• Doubt and Confidence: This session explores the different causes of doubt among believers and shows how doubts can be answered to strengthen confidence.
• Understanding Worldviews: This session shows how various worldviews reveal the underlying intellectual and heart commitments of unbelievers, and how to effectively engage them.
Contact: Call Mark at 215-206-7249, or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What A Conference can Do For your church
Increase the confidence of church members to share their faith.
Provide an easy-to-learn strategy for engaging unbelievers in conversations about the gospel.
Expose church members to the best apologetics resources.
Initiate or strengthen an evangelistic culture in your church.
Demonstrate evangelistic and apologetic role playing so members see what effective encounters look like.
Strengthen the faith of doubting and struggling believers.